From his series “Eat yourself skinny” Dr. Oz states that apples are the perfect pre-dinner snack. Soluble fiber in apples, called pectin, reduces the amount of sugar and calories that’s absorbed into the bloodstream after a meal. That’s good news for folks who want to prevent type 2 diabetes, but it also makes apples one of the best snacks for dieters. Apple pectin prevents spikes in blood sugar that lead to increased fat storage. It will help you avoid the blood sugar “crash” that leaves you craving more food and can keep you satiated for up to two hours.
The Health Works collective website listed benefits of green apples –
• The Fiber composition in Green Apples helps in Digestion and cuts down the vulnerability to Colon Cancer
• It doesn’t contain Cholesterol which can help you maintain your calorie strict diet regime for weight loss. A single apple can literally blow your hunger away
• Green Apples contain comparatively less proportion of Fructose Content than the Red Apples, which can allow consumption by Diabetic Patients.
• Green Apples contain various anti oxidants which can help prevent different types of Cancer.
• Green Apples are a good source of Vitamin C which can prevent Mouth and Stomach Ulcers
Green apples have always been my favorites amongst apples, and I try to include them often in my fruit servings.